Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vitamins For Your Marriage

I really had to laugh when I read Beth Moore's oldest daughter Amanda describe this book as being "like vitamins for your marriage", but it's so true!

I too, highly recommend "Devotions For A Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas.

Here's a marriage vitamin for your day:

"Personal worship is an absolute necessity for a strong marriage. It comes down to this: If I stop receiving from God, I start demanding from others.

Instead of appreciating and loving and serving others, I become disappointed in them. Instead of cherishing my husband, I become aware of his shortcomings. I take out my frustrations with a less-than-perfect life and somehow blame him for my lack of fulfillment.

But when my heart gets filled by God's love and acceptance, I'm set free to love instead of worrying about being loved. I'm motivated to serve instead of becoming obsessed about whether I'm being served. I'm moved to cherish instead of feeling unappreciated."


A Soul Filled With God - Pg 9

P.S. I'm looking forward to an afternoon seminar by Gary Thomas at my Church - Bellingham CTK - on October 12.

No comments: