Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Being Watched

I just found out I'm being watched.

I was alerted to a blogger who is following what I write and post. She then takes it and posts it on her blog along with some of her own commentary about me and what I do. She also posts my name, my picture (not sure where she grabbed that one from), my families pictures, and links to my blog, Twitter and web page.

I must say it was rather odd to see my words reprinted in someone else's blog. She didn't post it because she agrees with me, but because she opposes what I believe and what I do.

Some of her colorful commentary on my posts were mocking of me, and some were actually aggressive towards me. All of it was meant to incite a negative response towards me from her readers.

At first I was a bit unnerved by all this and not quite comfortable. I'm being watched!

But I am ALWAYS being watched, and being aware of that is a good thing. What I do and what I say is being seen by others all the time.

Being more conscience of being watched is good for me because being watched is always an opportunity - even to those who are offended by what I believe.

I've been thinking of this verse today and asking God to help me to walk worth of the Gospel of Christ in everything I do...and post. I want to make the most of every opportunity.

"Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents."
~ Philippians 1:27 & 28a

No comments: