Monday, July 18, 2011

Persevering in Relationships


I've been pondering this from James MacDonald all morning...

Genuine fellowship requires commitment.
Philippians 1:5 tells us, "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer... because of your partnership (or fellowship; it’s the same word) in the Gospel from the first day until now.”

Notice,“from the first day until now.” Starting in a relationship is easy; continuing in relationship is difficult. There are no enduring relationships without forgiveness. And that requires commitment.

The greater glory goes to Jesus Christ—not when we take our marbles and go home because something didn’t work out the way we wanted it. The greater glory goes to Jesus Christ when we pursue and persevere in relationships in spite of the shortcomings that we see in one another.


It’s not about you or about me. It’s about growing in love together for the glory of Jesus Christ.

If it is truly about His glory then in relationships as well as all other facets of our our walk with Christ we must pursue and persevere. By God's grace may that be true in my life.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your posts....I enjoy reading through them.