Monday, June 4, 2007

Prone to Wander...

OK, I'm going to admit that I am struggling. I have discovered that I have a very strong bent within me to become irritated. It doesn't seem to be my fault b/c people and circumstances can push my buttons while I'm simply minding my own business.

Now I can say that I have experienced some victory in holding my tongue when my buttons are pushed, and will admit that I have been somewhat proud of gaining even a bit of self control in this most transparent area. BTW, it is most certainly a work (or should I say war) of God in me, for I must admit that I have regrettably fought it oh so hard for oh so long.

But recently I have been forced to take an even closer look, by the Holy Spirits prompting, and now recognize that what my tongue has not said my heart has often harbored, I'm ashamed to say.

Does this matter? Does this count?

He who sees my heart has shown me that it does. It is sin, and that it must be dealt with. Oh, this was not a pleasant discovery...and it is not an easy admission to make.

I am now striving to line my heart up with Truth and crucify this disease that would ravage me from the inside out robbing me of the joy of a pure heart. Isn't God good to us in exposing our sin?

May I willingly and actively call sin in me sin, and walk in truth even in the hidden places of my heart.

No comments: