Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Choose to Trust

This post is for anyone who needs to know today that you can trust your God. He is near.

"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"Trust is the antidote to anxiety; it's the resolution of worry and the destruction of fear.

Trust is the act of my will to give my burdens to God. It's like a muscle--as you exercise it, trust gets stronger.

Trust is walking forward moment by moment, having rolled your burden onto God. You've no doubt said, "I gave it to God once, but here it is again in my grip." When you sense that you've taken it back again, get back on your knees, get the burden back on God, get on your feet again, and continue to trust.

Trust means you anchor your heart in the reality of God's awareness of your situation. He sees more than you can ever see.

God, who loves you and is committed to you, will not disappoint you now or in the future if you put your weight fully on Him."
~ James MacDonald

No comments: