Thursday, August 21, 2008

I wonder.....

Ok, this is a random post, but thot I would just get it out there, cause I've been wondering about this for nearly three weeks now:

I was holding my Bible in church a few weeks ago, slowly paging thru it, enjoying all the familiar verses, words and phrases on each page, when suddenly I wondered how much of the Bible I have actually read....and how much I have missed?

Wouldn't it be interesting if everything in the Bible that I have ever read would be suddenly be highlighted in yellow so I could see exactly what parts I have read...and missed.

And then it occurred to me: I have never ever actually, physically, deliberately, succinctly read thru the entire Bible.

Wow, that really hit me hard. I grew up in the church, had 12 yrs of Christian education, have studied and taught the Word ever since then...I absolutely know I have read most of the Bible....but I am also absolutely sure I haven't read it all....and that is a very hard thot for me.

In fact, this has nearly consumed thinking. Oh...what have I missed?

I am now making it my goal to read completely thru the Bible....this year, and I can't wait. Anyone willing to join me?

2 comments:

Somewhere in the Middle said...

Friend, I am purposefully reading through the entire Bible this year. Not just once, but when I am done with the reading program I will complete the OT once, the NT and Psalms twice, and the Proverbs about 6 times. (I'm supposed to read the Proverbs 12 times but had to cut back because of time.) Some days I feel that I "bit off more than I can chew," but I am so excited to keep going and acheive this goal by the end of the year.

I encourage you to go for it. I have found some jewels of Scripture that were not in places that I normally look. Be blessed.

Cindy said...

Jenny, you greatly inspire me!