Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Surrendered and Sanctified

Yesterday I was catching up on some tweets on Twitter, and I noted one from Amy which said "Reflecting on how God has sanctified me, one year after my surgery" with a link to her blog.

My first thot was, I didn't know she had had surgery, and my second thot was a curiosity at how she perceived Gods work in her life during that experience. So I went to Amy's blog and was so blessed.

She is an amazing writer, reader, thinker, and follower of Jesus. I learned much about this last year of her life both - physically and spiritually - thru that one post. I loved her transparency, and could so relate to a year of lessons learned thru various life experiences and trials.

But it is in times of reflecting over sections of life that we view God's hand and work in our lives best. As time passes and I am pulled back a bit from situations I've journeyed through, I have better perspective and a clearer view of God's work in me.

Warren Wiersbe talks about turning trials into triumphs of Gods grace in our lives. He says there are four essentials for victory in trials: a joyful attitude, and understanding mind, a surrendered will, and a heart that wants to believe.

Looks good on paper but how hard it can be in the real moments of my life. Yet I know it is His work, and that God's purpose for me is perfect and can be trusted.

Amy closed her post by offering the opportunity readers to learn more about "this uniquely Christian concept of Godly suffering which leads to sanctification (personal growth, becoming more like Jesus)" by listening to a recent Sunday message from her Pastor on trials which she linked to.

I would like to post that link as well. It is a powerful message called “Submission to UnGodly Authority”.

May God walk closely by your side and mine as we are surrendered and sanctified to Him.

No comments: