Friday, September 4, 2009

The Dream

By Scott Thomas

I dream of a body that loves the Lord, loves His word, loves the church, and loves the calling from God to be instruments of righteousness in their community.

I dream of a people who practiced spiritual holiness, rather than judging others for their lack of adherence to man-made rules.

I dream of marriages that visibly demonstrated the relationship of Christ and the church.

I dream of homes that were led by the Holy Spirit, by godly heads of households and by the Scriptures.

I dream of a church that had influence in its community: spiritually, morally, evangelistically, and socially.

I dream of a church that served willingly and enthusiastically according to their spiritual gifts, passions, and God-given abilities.

I dream of a church body that had a burning passion to share the gospel in their city, their state, their nation, and their world and to be a vital link for the establishment of churches all across the world.

I dream of a body that had an insatiable thirst to encounter God in a real, personal, and intimate way.

No comments: