Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Praying For Isaac

I met Issac for the first time in June, but have know of him for years. Actually he lives right down the road from me and I know his mom Laura.

Issac offered to help me carry some bulky items out to my car when he saw me struggling with them. I discovered who he was as we walked out to my car together.

I had heard that Isaac had a very specific and unusual career/ministry goal which he confirmed as we walked and talked.

God has purposed in Isaac's heart that he is to serve our country as a Navy SEAL - quite a calling on a young man's life to be sure.

What fascinated me is how very real and clear this call from God is on his life. Isaac KNOWS this is what he is to pursue. He is focused like a laser on his duty and has prepared himself in every way possible to face this challenge.

I did pondered what it would be like as a Mom to have a child with that particular calling, knowing what they would face and endure. Navy SEALs complete some of the most dangerous U.S. military missions imaginable. Their training is beyond intense, and demands the brightest and the best.

After meeting Isaac I have no doubt he is SEAL material.

Before I got in my car I asked Isaac if I could pray for him, and I placed my hand on his shoulder and committed him to our heavenly Father's care. It was such an honor to meet him and to pray over him just days before he left.

Isaac's family has been sending me short updates on Isaac so I can be praying very specifically for him. Last week I received this update which brought tears to my eyes. Isaac's Chaplain had written this note to his family:

"Know that your son is attending to his relationship with our Heavenly Father with all sincerity.

He is a good witness for the Lord among his fellow mates...I am convinced that the work that the Lord has begun in him will bear much fruit as time goes by."

And I know it is true because I have met Isaac and heard his testimony. His goal is to bring honor and glory to Christ. Please pray for Isaac!

1 comment:

kayann said...

wow wow wow~~
i have joined you in praying for isaac since you had shared his story
glorifying our Father on the other side of the world~ amazing!!