Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Peace of God

“Let the peace of God guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

The peace of God; it’s an awesome thing to think about.

And it’s not with God, it’s not from God, this is the peace of God.

It’s the calm assurance that what God is doing is best. It doesn’t matter what comes in the mail today, it doesn’t matter what comes from the doctor, it doesn’t matter who rings my phone, it doesn’t matter what comes my way today, I have something guarding my heart.

Like sentinels on the wall around the city, the peace of God guards your heart, you see it there?

“And the peace of God which surpasses understanding,” you just can’t even imagine this peace. It didn’t matter what news came, it didn’t matter what happened. There’s a peace that comes from God that is such an awesome protection.

You can get off the emotional rollercoaster and let this peace guard your heart and nothing can penetrate that except that you open the door yourself and that’s the peace of God.

Please pray this prayer, wherever you are this Christmas:

“I pray Lord, for Your peace to guard my heart. I see how quickly the details of life can penetrate my experience and cause me to live apart from what I know to be true. I reach out to You by faith that You would grant to me Your peace which passes all understanding. Amen.”

May His peace be with you this Christmas.

James MacDonald

No comments: