Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Perspective on Dirt

Last nite the joy level in my home rose significantly when our kids from Little Rock came home for an extended visit before moving to Australia. What joy to have them here with us for this short window of time!

It's funny to me that in anticipating their visit my perspective on dirt changed considerably. I actually viewed it differently, even intentionally looking for it.

I looked for it. I saw it. Suddenly it was "not ok", and I dealt with it.

This morning I opened my washing machine and right away noticed a blob of detergent spilled on the top, and a ring of dirt that had built up around the inside of the door. Where had that come from?

It had obviously built up over time and I had not even noticed. Today, in the light of my guests who will be using my washer during their stay, I noticed...and it was NOT ok.

As I grabbed a cloth to clean my washer it struck me that I had used my washer several times yesterday and never noticed it was dirty. Why?

I realized that my perspective on dirt changed when I saw it thru the eyes of others.

Sin can be a lot like dirt. I can miss or even ignore it in my life till something provides perspective.

The dirt in my washer has caused me to ponder my perspective on my sin today. How skewed is it? How tolerant am I with my sin? Am I even watching for it, let alone dealing with it consistently?

I have much to learn as a housekeeper and child of the King. I am asking God to help me to be much more alert. To see my sin thru His eyes...and that it NOT be ok with me at all.

1 comment:

Dave and Debbie Black said...

Great thoughts...love it Cindy! and I love you.